New Residents


Welcome to the City of Rogers.  New residents who are buying a home need to stop at City Hall to file for homestead, pick up a recycle bin, setup your water / utlity account and purchase pet licenses.  Renters need to call City Hall to setup the water / utility account.  Renters can also stop by City Hall to purchase any needed pet licenses

Tax relief for property owners and renters

Several state programs, described below, exist to assist eligible residents with the rising cost of property taxes.

Read more: Property Tax Refund Programs

2014-best place to liveRogers is ranked Number 6 in Minnesota by Movoto Real Estate.  Movoto ranking is based on unemployment, crime rate, cost of living, income, home price, rent price and high school graduation rate.  Visit to learn more. 

businessweek-rogers-best-town-raise-kids-2013The City of Rogers has been named to Bloomberg Business Week's of "The Best Places to Raise Kids 2013." The article lists one city for each state and Rogers has been selected as "The Best Place to Raise Kids in Minnesota." Business Week analyzed public school performance, safety, housing costs, commute time, poverty, adult's educational attainment, share of households with children, diversity and the local job market. You can read more by visiting Business Week's webpage or skip ahead to the Rogers page.

Frequently Asked Questions

I have a question on my utility water /sewer bill-

Common questions and answers are found on the utility billing page.

Will the Rogers Police Department provide service to annexed areas?

The Police patrol and primary response for properties in the annexed area of Hassan will be provided by the Rogers Police Department. Call 911 for all emergencies. The Police Department non-emergency telephone number is (763) 428-3450. Visit for more details.

Will Rogers Fire Department provide services to annexed areas?

The Fire service for properties in the annexed area will continue to be provided by the Rogers Fire Department. Remember to call 911 for all emergencies. The Fire Department non-emergency telephone number is (763) 428-3500, more information can be found at

The Rogers Fire Department would like to remind you that a burning permit is required for any open burning that exceeds the definition of a campfire. Permits can be obtained by calling the Rogers Fire Department at (763)428-3500 and are issued for a 3-day period.

Where do I find information on permits and licenses?

Information on permits can be found on the permits page. Dog licenses are required for dogs age 6 months and older and are available at City Hall. A one year license is $6.00 per year plus the cost of the tag. A current certificate of rabies vaccination is required for purchasing a license.

Where do I vote?

Rogers is divided into two precincts for voting. Residents living north of Interstate 94 are in precinct one and vote at the Rogers Activity Center (ice arena) on 141st Avenue. Residents living south of Interstate 94 are in precinct two and vote at the Rogers Community Room (fire station) on Memorial Drive. For those previously registered, you will receive a postal verification card issued by Hennepin County .

What are my options for recycling my yard waste or electronics?

Visit the Recycling page for details.

Why am I being charged for recycling?  

Visit the state statute requires recycling page for details.

I need a drivers license, vehicle registration, or special license

Please stop at a Hennepin County Service Center.

Some services that the service center provides are:

  • All-terrain vehicle (ATV) registration
  • Birth certificates or records
  • Boat or watercraft registration
  • Death certificates or records
  • Drive-thru - use your renewal notice to renew tabs
  • Driver's licenses and instruction permits
  • License plates or tabs
  • Marriage licenses
  • Marriage certificates or records
  • Ministerial or ordination credential filing
  • Minnesota state ID's
  • Notary services
  • Property tax payments
  • Snowmobile registration
  • State park permit
  • Vehicle registration or title
  • Vehicle title, tabs or plates

Visit the Hennepin County's website for more information.

I have a digging project in my yard

Remember to call Gopher One before you dig!

How do I stay up to date on the latest announcements from Rogers?

The City website is the best way to stay up to date for the latest information on events, announcements, and resources. The email notification program also pushes out timely emails to you as an alternative to viewing the website.

There is also a bi-annual city newsletter that is mailed out to all residents.  Below are past issues:



Local Utilities:

Cable / Telephone

Century Link provides service for some areas of Rogers.  They can be reached by calling: 952-556-5679.

Charter Communications provides service for some areas of Rogers.  They can be reached by calling 1-888-438-2427.

Comcast Cable provides service for some areas of Rogers.  They can be contacted by calling: 651-222-3333.


Wright - Hennepin provides electric service for some areas of Rogers.  They can be reached by calling 763-477-3000.

Xcel Energy provides electric service for some areas of Rogers.  They can be reached by calling: 1-800-895-4999.


The following companies provide garbage service for residents and businesses:

  • Ace Solid Waste (763) 427-3110
  • BFI Waste Systems (763) 427-1688
  • Onyx Midwest (320) 251-8919
  • Randy's Sanitation (763) 972-3335
  • waste management (888) 275-1401

Natural Gas

Centerpoint Energy provides natural gas service for residents and businesses in Rogers.  You can contact them by calling: 612-372-4727.


Randy's Sanitation provides recycling service for residents and businesses.  They can be reached by calling: (763) 972-3335.  Replacement recycle bins can be picked up at City Hall for $8 each.  

Visit the recyling page for more options on recycling.

Water and Sewer

The City of Rogers provides Water and Sewer service for residents and businesses.  You can contact the utility department by calling Rogers City Hall at (763) 428-2253.

There are water / sewer utility drop off box locations at 12913 Main Street (Old city Hall) and a drive up payment box located at 22350 South Diamond Lake Road (New City Hall). Boxes are marked for Utility payments. Visit the Water and Sewer page for more information on available payment plans and frequently asked questions.


The City of Rogers Website links only to related government organizations and nonprofits-specifically those that provide services and information that support the functions and services that the City provides. See the site disclaimer for more information.