The top priority of the Rogers Police Department is to prevent crime from occurring. Unfortunately, it is not possible to stop all criminal activity. If you have been affected by a crime, the following information can you to help understand your rights.
Police – Emergency: 9-1-1, Non-Emergency/Nights/Holidays/Weekends: Hennepin County Dispatch: 763-525-6220
Rogers Police - Administration/Permits/Reports/Property/Evidence: (763) 428-3450 Rogers Police School Resource Officer - Juvenile Specialist: (763) 274-3140 ext.1606 Hennepin County Operator (all Hennepin County services available): 612-348-3000
Hennepin County Jail (Offender Release Information): (612) 348-5112 Hennepin County Adult Protection/Child Protection: (612) 348-4111 / (612) 348-3552 Hennepin County Sheriff’s Office: 612-348-3744 or non-emergency email email@example.com
Alcoholics Anonymous: (952) 922-0880, Detox - Main Center: (612) 879-3187, Mission Farms Detox: (763) 559-1402 VINE system for Offender Release Notification 877-664-8463 or www.vinelink.com
Emergency Social Services: (612) 596-1300 Legal Aid Society: (612) 332-1441 Poison Control: (612) 347-3141 Rape/Sexual Assault Counseling: (612) 825-4357 Family & Children Services: (763) 560-4412 St. Joseph's Children’s Shelter: (612) 827-6241
Youth Crisis and Runaways: The Bridge-612-377-8800 Towing Contractor – Burdas Towing: (763) 428-9911 Century Link Annoyance Calls: 1 (800) 582-0655 Economic Assistance (EBT cards, etc.): 612-596-1300
Rogers City Attorney’s Office: 763-561-2800
Hennepin County Attorney’s Office: 612-348-5550
1. You can ask the city or county attorney to file a criminal complaint.
2. You also have the right to go to court and file a petition requesting an Order for Protection from domestic abuse. The order could include the following:
a. an order restraining the abuser from further acts of abuse; b. an order directing the abuser to leave your household; c. an order preventing the abuser from entering your home, school, business, or place of employment; d. an order awarding you or the other parent custody of or visitation with your minor child or children; or e. an order directing the abuser to pay support to you and the minor children if the abuser has a court order to do so.
3. You also have the right to notification if prosecution of the case is declined or criminal charges are dismissed.
Court Orders for Protection/Restraining
Hennepin County Orders for Protection (OFP): 612-348-5073
Hennepin County Harassment Restraining Orders (HRO): 612-348-9399
Emergency Services and Shelter
HOME FREE. (24-Hour Crisis) (763) 559-4945 Monday thru Friday, Daytime Office (763) 545-7080
HOME FREE is not a part of the court system. They are a community-based domestic abuse intervention project staffed by advocates who are available to offer you support, information, referrals, and options to help you heal with your situation. They assure complete confidentiality. Services include:
Hennepin County Domestic Abuse Office (612) 348-5073
Crisis lines are committed to serving persons regardless of race, sexual orientation, age, national origin, disability, religion or gender and will refer you to specific resources as needed.
1. You have the right to apply for financial help for losses resulting from a violent crime. This assistance does not cover property losses. For application and information, call the Office of Justice Programs at 1 (888) 622-8799, or online at ojp.dps.mn.gov
2. You have the right to request that the law enforcement agency withhold public access to data revealing your identity. The law enforcement agency will decide if this is possible.
3. You have the right, if an offender is charged, to be informed of and participate in the prosecution process, including the right to request restitution (money court ordered from the offender and paid to the victim).
If you feel your rights as a victim have been violated, call the Crime Victim Justice Unit at 1-800-247-0390, ext. 3 (or 651-201-7310) TTY (651)-205-4827.
21860 Industrial Court, Rogers, MN 553748:00 a.m. - 4:30 p.m. Monday - Friday
Emergency Phone Line - 911Non-Emergency & After Hours - 763-525-6220
Office - 763-428-3450Fax - 763-428-1900