Permits are available at City Hall 8:00am to 4:30pm, Monday through Friday.
Building permits are required for the following projects:
- New Building Requirements for Homes
- Building a deck or porch
- Installation of a fireplace, chimney, or wood stove $105 flat fee for fireplaces
- Installation of a new furnace, A/C, or mechanical ventilation system $80 flat fee per unit
- Plumbing alterations, water softener, water heaters $20 flat fee per unit
- Finishing a room in a basement
- Remodeling an existing building
- Additions to a house or a garage
- For sheds that are over 120 square feet in floor area
- Installing an underground sprinkler system $85 flat fee
- To install a fence $75 flat fee
- Building a retaining wall higher than 4 feet
- Window replacements $105 flat fee unless cutting holes for new windows.
- Re-roofing your home or garage $105 flat fee for residential only
- Installation of new siding $105 flat fee for residential only
- Installation of swimming pools which exceed 5,000 gallon capacity or is 24 inches in depth, $55 flat fee for seasonal pools only
Building Permit Fees
Permit fees depend on the specific project. Most building permits are based on the value. Call City Hall for details.
Location of Property Lines
Permanent corner iron monuments should be located below the sod level, in the ground of each legally divided parcel of land in Rogers. Locating the corner iron monuments is the responsibility of the property owner. The corner iron monument can be found by using a certificate of survey and a metal detector, or contact a registered land surveyor to locate and expose the monuments or replace any missing pins.
Setback requirements are needed for certain projects. The requirements depend on the type of project you have. Some setback limitations are:
- You may not build or block the drainage in the drainage and utility easement.
- Specific distances to stay away from well and septic when building.
- Side yard and rear yard setbacks for certain building projects.
A lot survey shows where the house is on your lot, drainage easements, and lot lines. This is useful for any outdoor projects. Lot surveys are available upon request. Contact City Hall for more information.
Submitting a Building Permit
Two sets of plans must accompany all residential building permits. Three sets are needed for all commercial projects. Lot surveys may also be needed when applicable.
Building permits are available for download. They are also available at city hall or by mail. Please call city hall if you wish to have it mailed to you. You can submit by mail, email to firstname.lastname@example.org or drop off at City Hall.
Permits that require plan review take 5 - 10 days to review.