ROGERS PLANNING COMMISSION
MARCH 18, 2014
CALL TO ORDER
The meeting of the Rogers Planning Commission was held on March 18, 2014 at 6:30 p.m. was called to order with Commissioners Martin, Denker, Meadows, Terhaar, Swanson, Gorecki and Jullie were present.
Also present were City Planner/Community Dev. Coordinator Cartney, Deputy Clerk Splett and Councilmember Ihli.
Member(s) excused: Knapp.
City Planner Cartney introduced Brent Hislop, representing the applicant, Tier2 Funding and asked that he provide background information on the two development scenarios. Mr. Hislop stated that his client has contracted both of the properties to be discussed tonight. Tier2 Funding is a local investment and development company. They are looking at 2 projects – project 1 would be the replat of Edgewater Shores and project 2 would be the platting of vacant property on Industrial Blvd. by Villas of Rivers Edge.
Mr. Hislop provided a background on Project 1, commenting on the following:
• Replat of the remaining 4 lots within Edgewater Shores. Edgewater Shores was to be developed as condominium lots. Currently there are 2 lots that have a 10-plex building on them.
• Proposing to replat the remaining 4 lots into 9 single family residential lots
• We feel that this is consistent with the neighborhood and a similar use to the existing lots in the area
• Proposed lot area sizes will be larger than the existing lots across the street
• Proposed lot widths are 70 feet with a 55 foot building pad and a 3 stall garage. Setbacks would be 5 feet on the garage side and 10 feet on the living side
• There was a brief discussion with the Commission if it should be rezoned to R-3, Mid-Density as that may be a more appropriate zoning and include the two existing buildings
Mr. Hislop provided a brief background on Project 2, commenting on the following:
• This is a vacant 15 acre parcel
• The proposed lots in this development will be smaller than the minimum for R-2 zoning
• Proposed concept plan includes 26-28 single family homes
• Proposed lot widths are 70 feet with sideyard setbacks being 5'/10'
The consensus of the Planning Commission was that Project 1 should be rezoned to R-3, Mid-Density to accommodate the proposed concept plan. Project 2 lot sizes should conform to the current zoning of R-2, Single Family Residential, which is 15,000 sq.ft. If looking at smaller lot sizes, property should be rezoned to the appropriate district.
Commissioner Martin moved, Commissioner Terhaar seconded a motion to adjourn the meeting at 7:01 p.m.
On the vote, all members voted AYE. Motion carried.