ROGERS CITY COUNCIL
May 27, 2014 7:00 p.m.
1. CALL TO ORDER AND PLEDGE OF ALLEGIANCE
2. OPEN FORUM – Individuals may address the Council about any item not contained on the regular agenda. A maximum of 10 minutes is allocated for the Forum. If the full 10 minutes are not needed for the Forum, the Mayor will continue with the agenda. If additional time is needed for the Forum, the Council will continue the Forum following Other Business on the agenda. The Council will take no official action on items discussed at the Forum, with the exception of referral to staff of Commission for future report.
4. APPROVE AGENDA – Council members may add items to the agenda for discussion purposes or staff direction only. The Council will not normally take official action on items added to the agenda.
5. CONSENT AGENDA – These items are considered to be routine and will be enacted by one motion. There will be no separate discussion of these items unless a Councilmember so requests, in which event the item will be removed from the Consent Agenda and placed elsewhere on the agenda.5.01 Approval of Minutes from May 13, 2014 City Council Meeting5.02 Approval of Bills and Claims5.03 Approval of Special Event Permit for the Laestadian Lutheran Church Summer Service to be Held July 3-6, 20145.04 Approval of Special Event Permit for ROADS Education Foundation 5K on June 21, 20145.05 Approval of Special Event Permit for Sand Companies Inc. for an Auction on June 14, 20145.06 Approval of Resolution No. 2014-41, A Resolution Granting Preliminary and Final Plat Approval of Northridge Fellowship Addition5.07 Approval of Resolution No. 2014-42, A Resolution Denying a Sign Variance for Caribou Coffee Company, Inc.5.08 Approval of a Conditional Use Permit for Scannell Properties #172 for a Fuel Station Located on the FedEx Site5.09 Authorization to Hire Two Paid On-Call Firefighters5.10 Approval of Right-of-Way Agreement between the City of Rogers and Telecom of Minnesota LLC5.11 Approval of Test Well No. 9 Quote5.12 Approval of Stormwater Maintenance Agreement with Scannell Properties5.13 Approval of Stormwater Maintenance Agreement with Turbine Pros5.14 Approval of Stormwater Maintenance Agreement with Sand Companies5.15 Approval of HTG Architects Additional Services5.16 Approval to Hire Hannah Laudenbach as Accounting Clerk I/AP Payroll5.17 Authorization to Hire Part-time Community Service Officers5.18 Authorization to Apply for COPS Grant5.19 Approval of Resolution No. 2014-43, A Resolution Authorizing Execution of Agreement With the Minnesota Department of Public Safety, Office of Traffic Safety Enforcement Projects From Oct. 1, 2014 Through Sept. 30, 20155.20 Transfers – Property Acquisition (Northern Palms)
6. PUBLIC HEARINGS6.01 Public Hearing to Consider a Request by NR Rogers, LLC for the vacation of the road right-of-way easement for 147th Ave. N., Located Within the Plat of Launchpark Rogers 1st Addition (Resolution No. 2014-44)6.02 (cont.) Public Hearing to Consider a MIF Grant Application for FedEx
7. GENERAL BUSINESS7.01 Approval of the Following Requests by Synergy Land Company:• Approval of Resolution No. 2014-45, A Resolution Approving a Planned Unit Development Amendment for Edgewater Shores 2nd Addition of Rogers Addition, Rogers, Minnesota• Approval of Resolution No. 2014-46, A Resolution Granting Preliminary Plat Approval for Edgewater Shores 2nd Addition of Rogers Addition, Rogers, Minnesota7.02 Approval of Resolution No. 2014-47, A Resolution Approving a Sign Variance for Wellstead of Rogers7.03 Approval of the Following Requests by Vincent Holdings, LLC:• Approval of Resolution No. 2014-48 - Comprehensive Plan Amendment• Adopt Ordinance No. 2014-10, An Ordinance Rezoning of Approx. 19+ acres from R-3 and R-4 to Planned Unit Development and Summary Ordinance No. 2014-10• Approval of Resolution No. 2014-49, A Resolution Granting Preliminary Plat Approval of Vincent Woods of Rogers• Approval of Resolution No. 2014-50, A Resolution Granting Site Plan Approval For Vincent Woods Of Rogers For 8 Apartment Buildings With 24 Units In Each Building, Rogers Minnesota
8. OTHER BUSINESS
9. CORRESPONDENCE AND REPORTS9.01 Elm Creek Watershed Management Commission Minutes9.02 Park Mower Replacement9.03 Minutes from the May 19th Transportation Task Force Meeting9.04 April, 2014 Financial Reports