ROGERS CITY COUNCIL
May 13, 2014 7:00 p.m.
1. CALL TO ORDER AND PLEDGE OF ALLEGIANCE
2. OPEN FORUM – Individuals may address the Council about any item not contained on the regular agenda. A maximum of 10 minutes is allocated for the Forum. If the full 10 minutes are not needed for the Forum, the Mayor will continue with the agenda. If additional time is needed for the Forum, the Council will continue the Forum following Other Business on the agenda. The Council will take no official action on items discussed at the Forum, with the exception of referral to staff of Commission for future report.
3.01 Lifesaving Awards
4. APPROVE AGENDA – Council members may add items to the agenda for discussion purposes or staff direction only. The Council will not normally take official action on items added to the agenda.
5. CONSENT AGENDA – These items are considered to be routine and will be enacted by one motion. There will be no separate discussion of these items unless a Councilmember so requests, in which event the item will be removed from the Consent Agenda and placed elsewhere on the agenda.
5.01 Approval of Minutes from April 8, 2014 City Council Worksession, April 8, 2014 City Council Meeting, April 22, 2014 City Council Worksession and April 22, 2014 City Council Meeting
5.02 Approval of Bills and Claims
5.03 Approval of a 4 Day Temporary On-Sale Liquor License for the Rogers Lions at 21201 Memorial Drive and the North Community Park for June 19th - June 22nd
5.04 Approval of Special Event Permit for Carrie on 5K Memorial Race on Sat., August 9, 2014
5.05 Approval of Resolution No. 2014-36, A Resolution Granting Final Plat Approval of CSM Rogers
5.06 Approval of a Request by Terry and Pam Enstad to Waive the Fee for the Rental of the Community Room on Saturday, June 28 for a Spaghetti Dinner Fundraiser
5.07 Request to Purchase Forfeiture Vehicle for Use for Police Service
5.08 Approve Addition of Assets 2 Cash/K-Bid.com and Auction Masters to the List of Approved Vendors for Disposing of Surplus City Equipment
5.09 Approval of Resolution No. 2014-37, MnDOT Master Partnership Contract with the City of Rogers for Reimbursement of Right-of-Way Expenses
5.10 Approval of Resolution 2014-38, Authorizing the City of Rogers to Enter into Amendment No. 1 to MnDOT Agreement No. 04989 Associated With CSAH144/TH101 Interchange Project
5.11 Authorization to Accept Quote for Application of Dust Control on Gravel Roads
6. PUBLIC HEARINGS
6.01 Public Hearing to Consider the Vacation of the Existing Street Right-of-Way Easement on Northdale Blvd. Within the Property Owned by NR Holdings, LLC (Plat of Launchpark Rogers 1st Addition) (Resolution No. 2014-39)
6.02 Public Hearing on Improvements for the Extension of Rogers Drive From Vevea Lane to Brockton Lane and for the Extension of Utilities Along Brockton Lane From Rogers Drive to Lot 1, Block 1 Kinghorn Industrial Park (Resolution No. 2014-40)
6.03 Public Hearing to Consider a MIF Grant Application for FedEx
7. GENERAL BUSINESS
7.01 Metro West Inspection Services, Inc. Fee Increase
7.02 Laserfiche Upgrade
7.03 Scanning Project for House Files
7.04 Authorize the Preparation of Preliminary Engineering and Right of Way Documents for the CSAH 81/13 Intersection Projects and Approve a Proposal from WSB and Associates, Inc.
7.05 2013 Year End Closing Activity
8. OTHER BUSINESS
9. CORRESPONDENCE AND REPORTS
9.01 April Police Report
9.02 Minutes from the April 21st Transportation Task Force Meeting
9.03 Council Update on Use of Contingency Funds for Public Safety Building Construction
9.04 Feb. 2014, Financial Reports