ROGERS CITY COUNCIL
March 25, 2014 7:00 p.m.
1. CALL TO ORDER AND PLEDGE OF ALLEGIANCE
2. OPEN FORUM – Individuals may address the Council about any item not contained on the regular agenda. A maximum of 10 minutes is allocated for the Forum. If the full 10 minutes are not needed for the Forum, the Mayor will continue with the agenda. If additional time is needed for the Forum, the Council will continue the Forum following Other Business on the agenda. The Council will take no official action on items discussed at the Forum, with the exception of referral to staff of Commission for future report.
3 PRESENTATIONS3.01 Presentation by Word of Peace (Karen Running)
4. APPROVE AGENDA – Council members may add items to the agenda for discussion purposes or staff direction only. The Council will not normally take official action on items added to the agenda.
5. CONSENT AGENDA – These items are considered to be routine and will be enacted by one motion. There will be no separate discussion of these items unless a Councilmember so requests, in which event the item will be removed from the Consent Agenda and placed elsewhere on the agenda.5.01 Approval of Minutes from March 11, 2014 City Council Meeting5.02 Approval of Bills and Claims5.03 Approval of Special Event Permit for Word of Peace Lutheran Church for 5K Run/Walk on Sat., April 26, 20145.04 Approval of Minnesota Lawful Gambling Exempt Permit for Mary Queen of Peace to Conduct Bingo, Raffles and Pull-Tabs on September 28, 2014 for their Annual Festival, located at 21304 Church Ave.5.05 Approval of Special Event Permit for Northwest Machine - Open House on April 29-30, 2014 and May 1, 2014, located at 20851 Commerce Blvd.5.06 Adopt the Following Ordinances to Comply with GreenStep Cities Program:• Ordinance No. 2014-07, An Ordinance Amending Section Chapter 105 of the Rogers City Code (Building and Regulations) to Demonstrate That Regulatory Ordinances Comply With the Comprehensive Plan and Summary Ordinance No. 2014-07.• Adopt Ordinance No. 2014-08, An Ordinance Amending Chapter 125 of the Rogers City Code (Zoning) to Demonstrate That Regulatory Ordinances Comply With the Comprehensive and Summary Ordinance No. 2014-085.07 Approval of the Following Requests by Crow River Storage, Located at 14450 James Road:• Conditional Use Permit Amendment to Allow Outside Storage• Resolution No. 2014-23, A Resolution Granting Site Plan Approval To Crow River Storage, Llc For Phases I And Ii Mini-Storage At 14450 James Road, Rogers Minnesota5.08 AEM Financial Solutions a division of Abdo, Eick & Meyers, LLP5.09 Approval of Otsego/Rogers Agreement for the Joint Ownership of Equipment and Authorization to Purchase Valve Exercise Equipment5.10 Authority to Solicit Request for Proposal for Demolition at 12812 Main Street5.11 Proposal for Evaluation and Preparation of Specifications for the Reconditioning of the 400,000 Gallon Elevated Water Tower Located on George Weber Drive5.12 Approval to Purchase Well No. 4 Pump5.13 Accept Resignation of Linda Mayer5.14 Schedule Joint Workshop Council/Planning Commission for Downtown Redevelopment Plan Kick-Off
6. PUBLIC HEARINGS
7. GENERAL BUSINESS7.01 Authorization to Hire Part-time Community Service Officers and Approval of Position Description7.02 Approval of Position Description and Authorize Advertisement of Mechanic Position7.03 Consider Rezoning and Master Plan – 22101 129th Ave N
8. OTHER BUSINESS
9. CORRESPONDENCE AND REPORTS9.01 Elm Creek Watershed Management Commission Minutes9.02 Rogers Park Board January 9, 2014 Meeting Minutes