ROGERS CITY COUNCIL
February 25, 2014 7:00 p.m.
1. CALL TO ORDER AND PLEDGE OF ALLEGIANCE
2. OPEN FORUM – Individuals may address the Council about any item not contained on the regular agenda. A maximum of 10 minutes is allocated for the Forum. If the full 10 minutes are not needed for the Forum, the Mayor will continue with the agenda. If additional time is needed for the Forum, the Council will continue the Forum following Other Business on the agenda. The Council will take no official action on items discussed at the Forum, with the exception of referral to staff of Commission for future report.
3.01 Swearing in Blake Neumann as a Rogers Police Officer
4. APPROVE AGENDA – Council members may add items to the agenda for discussion purposes or staff direction only. The Council will not normally take official action on items added to the agenda.
5. CONSENT AGENDA – These items are considered to be routine and will be enacted by one motion. There will be no separate discussion of these items unless a Councilmember so requests, in which event the item will be removed from the Consent Agenda and placed elsewhere on the agenda.
5.01 Approval of Minutes from February 11, 2014 City Council Meeting
5.02 Approval of Bills and Claims
5.03 Adopt Ordinance No. 2014-06, An Ordinance Amending Chapter 125 of the Rogers City Code (Zoning) to Establish Architectural Design Standards
5.04 Approval of Resolution No. 2014-11, A Resolution Denying the Request for Rezoning the Subject Property from Ag and R-2 to R-3, Mid Density (Benzinger)
5.05 Approval of Resolution No. 2014-12, A Resolution Granting Approval of Final Development Plans and Approval of Revised Site Plan for 1st National Bank at Diamond Pointe of Rogers, Located at 13785 Rogers Drive
5.06 Approval of Resolution No. 2014-13, A Resolution Granting Site Plan Approval to A.L.S. Properties Carefree Self Storage Rogers, LLC for the Construction of a 38,864 sq.ft. Self Storage Building, Located at 13355 George Weber Drive
5.07 Approval of Special Event Permit for Rockin' Rogers Days – Thurs., June 19, 2014 through Sun., June 22, 2014
5.08 Approval of Resolution No. 2014-14, A Resolution to Support the MOVE MN Campaign
5.09 Approval of Resolution No. 2014-15, A Resolution Ordering Preparation of an Alternative Urban Areawide Review for the Henry Area
5.10 Approval of Resolution No. 2014-16, A Resolution Approving Rockin' Rogers Parade Day
5.11 Request by Rogers Lions to Waive Community Room Fees for the Rogers Lions on March 21, 2014 for the Annual Community Dinner and a Temporary On-Sale Liquor License
5.12 Request by Jack Hines/Rogers Lions to Waive Community Room Fees for the Rogers Lions on April 12th for Rivers of Hope Dinner
5.13 Schedule Joint City Council/Planning Commission Workshop on March 11, 2014 at 5:30 p.m.
6. PUBLIC HEARINGS
7. GENERAL BUSINESS
7.01 Approval of the Following Requests by Scannell Properties:
• Approval of Resolution No. 2014-17, A Resolution Granting Preliminary Plat Approval of Elkhorn Addition
• Approval of Concept Plan Review of the Fed-Ex Distribution Facility
7.02 Approval of Resolution No. 2014-18, A Resolution of Support for a Federal Recreational Trail Grant and a Local Trail Connection Grant through the Minnesota Department of Natural Resources (MnDNR) for the Construction of the Brockton Lane Trail Segment (from Henry's Woods to South Diamond Lake Road)
8. OTHER BUSINESS
9. CORRESPONDENCE AND REPORTS
9.01 Elm Creek Watershed Management Commission Minutes
10. ADJOURN TO CLOSE SESSION FOR POTENTIAL PROPERTY ACQUISITION DISCUSSION – RECONVENE TO OPEN MEETING