ROGERS CITY COUNCIL
February 11, 2014 7:00 p.m.
1. CALL TO ORDER AND PLEDGE OF ALLEGIANCE
2. OPEN FORUM – Individuals may address the Council about any item not contained on the regular agenda. A maximum of 10 minutes is allocated for the Forum. If the full 10 minutes are not needed for the Forum, the Mayor will continue with the agenda. If additional time is needed for the Forum, the Council will continue the Forum following Other Business on the agenda. The Council will take no official action on items discussed at the Forum, with the exception of referral to staff of Commission for future report.
3.01 Accept Donation from UniTech Contractors for work done at the Community Room/Fire Department
4. APPROVE AGENDA – Council members may add items to the agenda for discussion purposes or staff direction only. The Council will not normally take official action on items added to the agenda.
5. CONSENT AGENDA – These items are considered to be routine and will be enacted by one motion. There will be no separate discussion of these items unless a Councilmember so requests, in which event the item will be removed from the Consent Agenda and placed elsewhere on the agenda.
5.01 Approval of Minutes from January 28, 2014 City Council Meeting
5.02 Approval of Bills and Claims
5.03 Approval of Resolution No. 2014-05, A Resolution Hiring Blake Neumann as a Full Time Police Officer - Effective Feb. 17th
5.04 Approval of Resolution No. 2014-06, A Resolution Certifying Public Employee Retirement Association Police Officer Declaration – Blake Neumann
5.05 Authorization to Waive Partial Permit Fees Related to Police Department Building
5.06 Approval of Resolution No. 2014-07, A Resolution Declaring May 17, 2014 as the Rogers Clean-Up Day
5.07 Authorize Signature of Signal Agreement with MNDOT for 144/101 and Approval of Resolution No. 2014-08, A Resolution Approving a Traffic Control Signal and Roadway Lighting Maintenance Agreement with Hennepin County
5.08 Approval of Resolution No. 2014-09, A Resolution Accepting Donation from UniTech
5.09 Items Relating to the Hennepin County Youth Sports Grant Program Funds:
• Authorization to Execute Contract A132341 North Community Park Lighting and Shelter City of Rogers
• Authorization to Execute Contract A132361 City of Rogers Soccer Goals, Nets and Training Aids at Rogers High School
5.10 Approval of Well #4 Inspections and Rebuild Professional Services Proposal
5.11 Rogers Community Room Policy Changes 2014
5.12 Approve AIA Contract with RJM Construction Management for Police Dept.
6. PUBLIC HEARINGS
7. GENERAL BUSINESS
7.01 Approval of Resolution No. 2014-10, A Resolution Providing for the Sale of $2,500,000 General Obligation Capital Improvement Bonds and $965,000 General Obligation Equipment Certificates as the $3,465,000 G.O. Bonds, Series 2014A
7.02 Consideration of Concept Review Vincent Real Estate Advisors, LLC
7.03 Direction on Drafting a Smoke Shop Ordinance
7.04 Presentation and Authorization to Bid by RJM on Police Building
8. OTHER BUSINESS
9. CORRESPONDENCE AND REPORTS
9.01 January Police Report
10. ADJOURN TO CLOSE SESSION FOR TH101/CSAH144 RIGHT-OF-WAY DISCUSSION – RECONVENE TO OPEN MEETING
11. ADJOURN TO CLOSED SESSION FOR ADMINISTRATOR'S ANNUAL PERFORMANCE REVIEW – RECONVENE TO OPEN MEETING