ROGERS CITY COUNCIL
January 14, 2014 7:00 p.m.
1. CALL TO ORDER AND PLEDGE OF ALLEGIANCE
2. OPEN FORUM – Individuals may address the Council about any item not contained on the regular agenda. A maximum of 10 minutes is allocated for the Forum. If the full 10 minutes are not needed for the Forum, the Mayor will continue with the agenda. If additional time is needed for the Forum, the Council will continue the Forum following Other Business on the agenda. The Council will take no official action on items discussed at the Forum, with the exception of referral to staff of Commission for future report.
3. PRESENTATIONS3.01 Lion's Donation3.02 Thank You to Local Businesses – Preserve at Commerce
4. APPROVE AGENDA – Council members may add items to the agenda for discussion purposes or staff direction only. The Council will not normally take official action on items added to the agenda.
5. CONSENT AGENDA – These items are considered to be routine and will be enacted by one motion. There will be no separate discussion of these items unless a Councilmember so requests, in which event the item will be removed from the Consent Agenda and placed elsewhere on the agenda.5.01 Approval of Minutes from December 10, 2013 Work Session, December 10, 2013 City Council Meeting and December 20, 2013 City Council Special Meeting5.02 Approval of Bills and Claims5.03 Items Relating to Amending Ordinances 2013-18 and 2013-19 Utility Rates:• Adopt Ordinance No. 2014-01, An Ordinance Amending Ordinance No. 2013-18 Adopting the 2014 Master Fee Schedule for the City of Rogers and Summary Ordinance No. 2014-01• Adopt Ordinance No. 2014-02, An Ordinance Amending Ordinance No. 2013-19 Utility Rates for Sanitary Sewer, Water and Storm Water Within the City of Rogers and Summary Ordinance No. 2014-025.04 Approve Renewal of On-Sale Liquor License for Applebee's5.05 Approve Renewal of On-Sale Liquor License for Broadway Bar & Pizza5.06 Approve Renewal of On-Sale Liquor License for Guadalajara's Mexican Restaurant5.07 Approve Renewal of On-Sale Liquor License for Maynard's Restaurant5.08 Approve Renewal of On-Sale Liquor License for Harvest Grill5.09 Approve Renewal of On-Sale Liquor License for Wellstead of Rogers5.10 Approve Renewal of 3.2 and Wine License for Angeno's Pizza and Pasta5.11 Approve Renewal of 3.2 and Wine License for Noodles & Company5.12 Approve Renewal of 3.2 and Wine License for Minne's Diner5.13 Approve Renewal of 3.2 and Wine License for Hong Thai Restaurant5.14 Approve Renewal of 3.2 Off-Sale Liquor License for Cub5.15 Approve Renewal of 3.2 Off-Sale Liquor License for Super America5.16 Approve Renewal of 3.2 Off-Sale Liquor License for Target Super Stores5.17 Approve Renewal of 3.2 Off-Sale Liquor License for Holiday Station Store #3075.18 Approval of Resolution No. 2014-01, A Resolution Providing Municipal Approval to the Issuance of a Minnesota Lawful Gambling Off-Site License to the Rogers Lions Club to Conduct a Raffle at the Rogers Community Room, Located at 21201 Memorial Drive, on Thursday, June 19, 20145.19 Appointment of John Feist to Captain 12 and Steve Morehead to Lieutenant 225.20 Approval of Resolution No. 2014-02, A Resolution to Approve Acceptance of Donations to Veteran's Memorial5.21 Approval of Resolution No. 2014-03, A Resolution Authorizing its Officers to Sign and Execute the Cooperative Construction Agreement With MnDOT for the 101/ 144 Project5.22 Approval of Acceptance of Donation from the Rogers Lion's5.23 Approval to Accept Donation of an Automated External Defibrillator (AED) for the Rogers Activity Center5.24 Acceptance of Muni Bathroom Vanity Donation5.25 Approval of Cleaning Services Contract for Community Room5.26 Approval of Minnesota Lawful Gambling Exempt Permit to Conduct a Raffle for the Full Choke, Ducks Unlimited on April 24, 2014 at The Wellstead (The Crown Room) located at 20500 S. Diamond Lake Rd.5.27 Approval of Minnesota Lawful Gambling Exempt Permit for Knights of Columbus to Conduct Bingo at Mary Queen of Peace Church on Jan. 12, 2014, Feb. 9, 2014 and Mar. 9, 2014, located at 21304 Church Avenue, Rogers, Minnesota
6. PUBLIC HEARINGS
7. GENERAL BUSINESS7.01 Annual Appointment Process7.02 Sergeant Promotion Back Fill7.03 Approval of Contract with SRF for Downtown Planning7.04 Acceptance of $200 Anonymous Donation7.05 Approval of Construction Management Contract – Police Dept.
8. OTHER BUSINESS
9. CORRESPONDENCE AND REPORTS9.01 December Police Report9.02 Rogers Park Board Meeting Minutes9.03 Elm Creek Watershed Management Commission Minutes9.04 Purchase of WRT PT13 Pneumatic Roller9.05 November 2013, Financial Reports
10. ADJOURN TO CLOSED SESSION FOR UNION NEGOTIATION DISCUSSION
11. ADJOURN TO CLOSE SESSION FOR TH101/CSAH144 RIGHT-OF-WAY DISCUSSION