ROGERS CITY COUNCIL
December 10, 2013 7:00 p.m.
WORKSHOP – 5:00 P.M.
1. CALL TO ORDER AND PLEDGE OF ALLEGIANCE
2. OPEN FORUM – Individuals may address the Council about any item not contained on the regular agenda. A maximum of 10 minutes is allocated for the Forum. If the full 10 minutes are not needed for the Forum, the Mayor will continue with the agenda. If additional time is needed for the Forum, the Council will continue the Forum following Other Business on the agenda. The Council will take no official action on items discussed at the Forum, with the exception of referral to staff of Commission for future report.
4. APPROVE AGENDA – Council members may add items to the agenda for discussion purposes or staff direction only. The Council will not normally take official action on items added to the agenda.
5. CONSENT AGENDA – These items are considered to be routine and will be enacted by one motion. There will be no separate discussion of these items unless a Councilmember so requests, in which event the item will be removed from the Consent Agenda and placed elsewhere on the agenda.5.01 Approval of Minutes from November 26, 2013 Work Session and November 26, 2013 City Council Meeting5.02 Approval of Bills and Claims5.03 Amendment to the Planning Commission Terms and Appointments Policy5.04 Approval of Resolution No. 2013-81, A Resolution Denying Final Development Plan for First National Bank at Diamond Pointe of Rogers5.05 Approval of Resolution No. 2013-82, A Resolution Changing Name of a Portion of Prairieview Drive to Prairieview Drive South5.06 RW&S Employee Recognition Program:• Chris Mirazita• Karen Mirazita and Kim Kolstad5.07 Approval of Resolution No. 2013-83, A Resolution Approving the Recording of Conservation Easement for Wetland Bank Purpose5.08 Hennepin County Cooperative Agreement for Traffic Signal Maintenance and Operation5.09 Authorization for Request for Proposal for Construction Manager at Risk Professional Services5.10 2014 Hennepin County Electronic Proprietary Data Base Contract Renewal5.11 Approval of 2014 Fee Schedule, RAC Advertising Schedule and Utility Rates:• Ordinance No. 2013-18, An Ordinance Adopting the 2014 Master Fee Schedule for the City of Rogers and Summary Ordinance No. 2013-18.• Ordinance No. 2013-19, An Ordinance Establishing Utility Rates for Sanitary Sewer, Water and Storm Water Within the City of Rogers and Summary Ordinance No. 2013-195.12 Canceling the Dec. 24, 2013 City Council Meeting
6. PUBLIC HEARINGS6.01 Public Hearing to Consider Adoption of a Five Year Capital Improvement Plan (2014 to 2018) and Notice of intention to Issue Capital Improvement Bonds and Equipment Debt as $3,465,000 General Obligation Bonds, Series 2014A(See materials provided under 7.01)
7. GENERAL BUSINESS7.01 Public Hearing to Consider Adoption of a Five Year Capital Improvement Plan (2014 to 2018) and Notice of intention to Issue Capital Improvement Bonds and Equipment Debt as $3,465,000 General Obligation Bonds, Series 2014A (Resolutions 2013-84 and 2013-85)7.02 Approval of 2014 Final Budget and Levy Certification• Open for public comment• Approval of Resolution No. 2013-86, A Resolution Setting the 2014 General and Special Levies7.03 Approval of 2014 Liquor Liability Insurance
8. OTHER BUSINESS
9. CORRESPONDENCE AND REPORTS9.01 November Police Report9.02 October, 2013 Financials
10. ADJOURN TO CLOSE SESSION FOR UNION NEGOTIATION DISCUSSION