1. Call to Order. The regular meeting of the Council of the City of Rogers was called to order by Acting Mayor Ihli on Tuesday, October 22, 2013 at 7:00 p.m. at Rogers Community Center, 21201 Memorial Drive, Rogers, MN, 55374.
Council present: Don Hall, Rick Ihli, and Darren Jakel.Member excused: Jay Bunting and Maureen Stanley.
Staff present: Mike Bauer, Recreation Facilities Manager; Jeff Beahen, Police Chief; Gary Buysse, Liquor Operations Manager; Jeff Carson, City Attorney; Sheila Cartney, City Planner; Brad Feist, Fire Chief; John Seifert, Public Works Supt.; Stacy Scharber, Assistant City Administrator; Steve Stahmer, City Administrator; Bret Weiss, City Engineer; and Lisa Wieland, Finance Director.
2. Open ForumNone.
4. Approve AgendaThe agenda was set as submitted.
5. Consent Agenda5.01 Approval of Minutes from October 3, 2013 Special City Council Meeting and the October 8, 2013 City Council Meeting5.02 Approval of Bills and Claims5.03 Approve a Service Agreement with Nextera Wireless, LLC to upgrade wireless service for the Emergency Operations Center5.04 Approval of Resolution No. 2013-63, A Resolution Granting Approval of Northridge Fellowship Church Amended Site Plan5.05 Approval of Special Event Permit for Harvest Grill – Packers/Vikings Pig Roast on Sun., Oct. 27, 20135.06 Accept Improvements and Approve Final Payment for the 129th Avenue Reconstruction Project5.07 Authorization to Purchase Material Necessary to Rebuild Wastewater Treatment Plant Clarifier5.08 Authorize Scope of Services to Update Well #6 Telemetry System5.09 Authorization to Accept Outlot A Mystic Ridge Quit Claim Deed5.10 Approval of Resolution No. 2013-64, A Resolution to Approve a Joint Powers Agreement with BCA to Upgrade eCharging Adapter for Submission of Records to Hennepin County5.11 Approval to Order 2014 Squad CarsJakel moved, Hall seconded a motion to approve the consent agenda. Motion carried 3-0.
6. Public HearingsNone.
7. General Business7.01 Approve a Proposal for Engineering Services related to additional final design items on the TH 101 and CSAH 144 Interchange ProjectEngineer Weiss addressed the Council regarding his proposal for the increase in engineering services stating it is another stage in the project. Weiss stated the project is set for a February letting to start in April 2014. Many additional work items have been right-of-way related; pond work, traffic counting, emergency access, etc. Weiss stated the Council chose take the engineering items as the project moves forward, to see what is necessary and approve as we move forward.
Weiss stated there will be a third open house on the project this Thursday at the RAC.
Ihli stated he doesn't see anything out of the ordinary and we are on pace to keep the project moving forward. Hall stated he has no questions.
Jakel moved, Hall seconded a motion to approve the proposal from WSB for Engineering Services related to additional final design items on the TH 101 and CSAH 144 Interchange Project. Motion carried 3-0.
8. Other BusinessNone.
9. Correspondence and Reports9.01 Rogers Park Board Meeting Minutes9.02 Elm Creek Watershed Management Commission Minutes9.03 September, 2013 Financial ReportsNo formal action taken.
10. AdjournJakel moved, Hall seconded a motion to adjourn at 7:08 p.m. Motion carried 3-0.
Stacy ScharberAssistant City Administrator/Clerk