ROGERS CITY COUNCIL
September 10, 2013 7:00 p.m.
WORK SESSION – 6:00 P.M.
1. CALL TO ORDER AND PLEDGE OF ALLEGIANCE
2. OPEN FORUM – Individuals may address the Council about any item not contained on the regular agenda. A maximum of 10 minutes is allocated for the Forum. If the full 10 minutes are not needed for the Forum, the Mayor will continue with the agenda. If additional time is needed for the Forum, the Council will continue the Forum following Other Business on the agenda. The Council will take no official action on items discussed at the Forum, with the exception of referral to staff of Commission for future report.
3 PRESENTATIONS3.01 Swearing in Jeffrey Madson as a Rogers Police Officer
4. APPROVE AGENDA – Council members may add items to the agenda for discussion purposes or staff direction only. The Council will not normally take official action on items added to the agenda.
5. CONSENT AGENDA – These items are considered to be routine and will be enacted by one motion. There will be no separate discussion of these items unless a Councilmember so requests, in which event the item will be removed from the Consent Agenda and placed elsewhere on the agenda.5.01 Approval of Minutes from August 27, 2013 City Council Meeting and Minutes from August 27, 2013 Council Work Session5.02 Approval of Bills and Claims5.03 Approval of Resolution No. 2013-46, A Resolution Proclaiming September 17-23, 2013 as Constitution Week5.04 Approval of Resolution No. 2013-47, A Resolution Granting a PUD Amendment to Streeter Companies/Park Nicollet Additional Exterior Signage, Located at 13688 Rogers Drive5.05 Adopt Ordinance No. 2013-13, An Ordinance Approving the Rezoning of Approximately 76.11 acres from MU-R, Mixed Use Regional to L-I, Limited Industry (Grady Kinghorn) and Summary Ord. No. 2013-135.06 Adopt Ordinance No. 2013-14, An Ordinance Amending the Adult Use Regulations and Summary Ord. No. 2013-145.07 Zoning Ordinance Amendments Relating to Zoning Definitions and Regulation of Kennels• Adopt Ordinance No. 2013-15, An Ordinance Approving the Proposed Amendments to the Kennel Ordinance and Zoning Ordinance and Summary Ord. No. 2013-15• Adopt Ordinance No. 2013-16, An Ordinance Amending the Zoning Ordinance of the City of Rogers, Section 125-1, Relating to Zoning Definitions and Summary Ord. No. 2013-165.08 Approval of Resolution No. 2013-48, A Resolution Hiring Jeffrey Madson as a Full Time Police Officer5.09 Approval of Resolution No. 2013-49, A Resolution Certifying Public Employee Retirement Association Police Officer Declaration – Jeffrey Madson5.10 Authorization to Hire Four Paid On-Call Firefighters5.11 Accept Improvements and Approve Work Order #14 and Final Payment for the CSAH 81 Improvement Project, MN Project #STPX 2709 (157), SP 238-020-025.12 Accept Improvements and Approve Final Payment for the TH 101 and Northdale Boulevard/147th Avenue Watermain Loop5.13 Approval to Purchase Departmental Issued Handguns5.14 Resolutions Cancelling G.O. Levy• Approval of Resolution No. 2013-50, A Resolution Canceling Debt Levy Requirements for 2008B General Obligation Improvement Refunding Bonds (Industrial Boulevard Improvements)• Approval of Resolution No. 2013-51, A Resolution Canceling Debt Levy Requirements for General Obligation Improvement Bonds of 2003 (Rogers Drive Phase 2, South Diamond Lake Road Phase 5, and Industrial Court)• Approval of Resolution No. 2013-52, A Resolution Canceling Debt Levy Requirements for 2006A Hassan Township General Obligation Improvement Bonds (Willandale Road Improvements)• Approval of Resolution No. 2013-53, A Resolution Canceling Debt Levy Requirements for 2010A General Obligation Improvement/Refunding Bonds (2004 Northdale/James 101 Utility Improvements and 2010 Trailhaven Improvements)5.15 Setting 2014 Final Budget & Levy Certification (meeting open for public comment)5.16 Approve Purchase of a Used Cab and Chassis with Amended Equipment Certificate Funding5.17 Call for Public Hearing to Establish Buffer Requirements for L-I Zoning District Adjacent to Park Lands.5.18 Approval of Minnesota GreenCorps Host Site Agreement
6. PUBLIC HEARINGS
7. GENERAL BUSINESS7.01 (cont.) Approval of Resolution No. 2013-54, A Resolution Approving An Update to the Rogers 2030 Comprehensive Plan Rogers, Minnesota7.02 Setting Preliminary Levy and Possible cont. budget discussions
8. OTHER BUSINESS
9. CORRESPONDENCE AND REPORTS9.01 August Police Report9.02 Purchase of New Squads9.03 Transportation Task Force Minutes9.04 Equipment Certificate Purchase: Bituminous Mill
10. ADJOURN TO CLOSED SESSION – DISCUSSION OF POTENTIAL PROPERTY ACQUISITIONS RELATED TO THE HWY 101/CR 144 PROJECT