ROGERS CITY COUNCIL
August 13, 2013 7:00 p.m.
1. CALL TO ORDER AND PLEDGE OF ALLEGIANCE
2. OPEN FORUM – Individuals may address the Council about any item not contained on the regular agenda. A maximum of 10 minutes is allocated for the Forum. If the full 10 minutes are not needed for the Forum, the Mayor will continue with the agenda. If additional time is needed for the Forum, the Council will continue the Forum following Other Business on the agenda. The Council will take no official action on items discussed at the Forum, with the exception of referral to staff of Commission for future report.
4. APPROVE AGENDA – Council members may add items to the agenda for discussion purposes or staff direction only. The Council will not normally take official action on items added to the agenda.
5. CONSENT AGENDA – These items are considered to be routine and will be enacted by one motion. There will be no separate discussion of these items unless a Councilmember so requests, in which event the item will be removed from the Consent Agenda and placed elsewhere on the agenda.
5.01 Approval of Minutes from July 23, 2013 Council Work Session and Minutes from July 23, 2013 City Council Meeting
5.02 Approval of Bills and Claims
5.03 Approval of a Conditional Use Permit to Camping World to Allow the Installation of an Above Ground 1000 gal. Propane Tank and Dispensing Unit, Located at 21200 Rogers Drive
5.04 Approval of Resolution No. 2013-44, A Resolution Approving An Update to the Rogers 2030 Comprehensive Plan Rogers, Minnesota
5.05 Approval of Special Event Permit for Mary Queen of Peace – Annual Fall Festival on Sept. 22, 2013 including One-Day Temporary On-Sale 3.2 Liquor License
5.06 Approval of Special Event Permit for Hassan Elementary School – 1st Annual 5K on Sept. 28, 2013
5.07 Approval of Minnesota Lawful Gambling Exempt Permit to Conduct a Raffle for the Glen Bye Foundation on October 11, 2013 at The Wellstead (The Crown Room) located at 20500 S. Diamond Lake Rd.
5.08 Approval of the Voting Equipment Lease Agreement with Hennepin County
5.09 Authorize Distribution of the Environmental Assessment Worksheet (EAW) for the Kinghorn Industrial Park and Adjacent Property
5.10 Hennepin County N.R.I.C.H. Grant
5.11 Authorization to Accept Quote for Installation of Pavement at Downtown Municipal Lot
5.12 Authorization to Purchase Sand/Salt Spreaders
5.13 Approval to Hire Public Works Administrative Assistant/Receptionist
5.14 Approval to Hire RAC Maintenance I
5.15 Approval to Hire Police Officer Backfill
5.16 Approval to Amend the 2012-2013 Equipment Certificates
5.17 Memorial Tree Dedication
5.18 Approve Rogers Social Media Policy
5.19 Approval of CSO/CEO Position Description and Reclassification
6. PUBLIC HEARINGS
8. OTHER BUSINESS
10. (cont.) ADJOURN TO CLOSE SESSION FOR DISCUSSION OF POTENTIAL PROPERTY ACQUISITIONS RELATED TO THE HWY 101/CR 144 PROJECT