ROGERS CITY COUNCIL
July 23, 2013 7:00 p.m.
WORK SESSION – 5:30 P.M.
1. CALL TO ORDER AND PLEDGE OF ALLEGIANCE
2. OPEN FORUM – Individuals may address the Council about any item not contained on the regular agenda. A maximum of 10 minutes is allocated for the Forum. If the full 10 minutes are not needed for the Forum, the Mayor will continue with the agenda. If additional time is needed for the Forum, the Council will continue the Forum following Other Business on the agenda. The Council will take no official action on items discussed at the Forum, with the exception of referral to staff of Commission for future report.
4. APPROVE AGENDA – Council members may add items to the agenda for discussion purposes or staff direction only. The Council will not normally take official action on items added to the agenda.
5. CONSENT AGENDA – These items are considered to be routine and will be enacted by one motion. There will be no separate discussion of these items unless a Councilmember so requests, in which event the item will be removed from the Consent Agenda and placed elsewhere on the agenda.
5.01 Approval of Minutes from July 9, 2013 City Council Meeting
5.02 Approval of Bills and Claims
5.03 Approval of Special Event Permit for Word of Peace – Peace Fest on Sept. 8, 2013
5.04 Adopt Ordinance No. 2013–10, An Ordinance Amending the False Alarm Ordinance and Summary Ordinance No. 2013-10
5.05 Adopt Ordinance No. 2013–11, An Ordinance Amending Section 6 (Fire) and Section 10 (Police) of the 2013 Master Fee Schedule for the City of Rogers and Summary Ordinance No. 2013-11
5.06 Appoint Chris Dunleavy to the Captain 22 position
5.07 Accepting the 2013 Fire Relief Association Plan Report; Form SC-13
5.08 Three Rivers Community Foundation Grant Application
5.09 Approval of Communication Installation Services Contract
5.10 Approval of Telecommunication Contract with Verizon for Service Located at 13971 Orchid Avenue
5.11 Approval to Hire Elizabeth Dirks as the Recreation Services Coordinator
5.12 Approval of Minnesota Lawful Gambling Exempt Permit for Mary Queen of Peace to Conduct Bingo, Raffles and Pull-Tabs on September 22, 2013 for their Annual Festival, located at 21304 Church Ave.
6. PUBLIC HEARINGS
7. GENERAL BUSINESS
7.01 Traffic Study Presentation
7.02 (cont.) Adopt Ordinance No. 2013-12, An Ordinance Rezoning Approximately 70 Acres from MU-R, Mixed Use Regional to L-I, Limited Industry (Kinghorn) and Summary Ordinance No. 2013-12.
7.03 Approve Plans and Specs and Authorize Advertisement to Bid for Kinghorn Lift Station
7.04 Award Contract for Rogers Drive Lighting and Trail Project
8. OTHER BUSINESS
9. CORRESPONDENCE AND REPORTS
9.01 Rogers Park Board Meeting Minutes June 13, 2013
9.02 Elm Creek Watershed Management Commission Minutes June 12, 2013
9.03 City of Rogers Approved for GreenCorps Member
9.04 June, 2013 Financials
10. (cont.) ADJOURN TO CLOSE SESSION FOR DISCUSSION OF POTENTIAL PROPERTY ACQUISITIONS RELATED TO THE HWY 101/CR 144 PROJECT