ROGERS CITY COUNCIL
September 11, 2012 7:00 p.m.
* * * WORKSHOP – 6:00 P.M. * * *
1. CALL TO ORDER AND PLEDGE OF ALLEGIANCE
2. OPEN FORUM – Individuals may address the Council about any item not contained on the regular agenda. A maximum of 10 minutes is allocated for the Forum. If the full 10 minutes are not needed for the Forum, the Mayor will continue with the agenda. If additional time is needed for the Forum, the Council will continue the Forum following Other Business on the agenda. The Council will take no official action on items discussed at the Forum, with the exception of referral to staff of Commission for future report.
3.01 Presentation by Mark Bezek Regarding Proposed School Levies
4. APPROVE AGENDA – Council members may add items to the agenda for discussion purposes or staff direction only. The Council will not normally take official action on items added to the agenda.
5. CONSENT AGENDA – These items are considered to be routine and will be enacted by one motion. There will be no separate discussion of these items unless a Councilmember so requests, in which event the item will be removed from the Consent Agenda and placed elsewhere on the agenda.
5.01 Approval of Minutes from August 28, 2012 City Council Meeting Minutes
5.02 Approval of Bills and Claims
5.03 Approval Resolution No. 2012-45, A Resolution Approving an Amendment to a Planned Unit Development at 13688 and 13690 Rogers Drive Permitting the Construction of a Freestanding Sign (Park Nicollet)
5.04 Adopt Ordinance No. 2012-08, An Ordinance Amendment to the Sign Ordinance, Amending Freestanding Signs Along the I-94 Corridor Within the City of Rogers and Summary Ordinance No. 2012-08
5.05 Calling for a Special Planning Commission on Tuesday, September 18, 2012
5.06 Approval of the Historical Society Lease
5.07 Adopt Ordinance No. 2012-09, An Ordinance Amending Section 30.64 and Adding Section 30.65 of the Rogers City Code Relating to Hunting and Shooting and Summary Ordinance No. 2012-09
5.08 Resolutions Canceling Debt Levy Requirements for General Obligation Bonds for 2013
• Approval of Resolution No. 2012-46, A Resolution Canceling Debt Levy Requirements for 2008B General Obligation Improvement Refunding Bonds (Industrial Boulevard Improvements)
• Approval of Resolution No. 2012-47, A Resolution Canceling Debt Levy Requirements for General Obligation Improvement Bonds of 2003 (Rogers Drive Phase 2, South Diamond Lake Road Phase 5, and Industrial Court)
• Approval of Resolution No. 2012-48, A Resolution Canceling Debt Levy Requirements for General Obligation Improvement Bonds of 2002 (Ahlstrom, Rouillard, Scharber and Otto Street Improvements)
• Approval of Resolution No. 2012-49, A Resolution Canceling Debt Levy Requirements for 2006A Hassan Township General Obligation Improvement Bonds (Willandale Road Improvements)
• Approval of Resolution No. 2012-50, A Resolution Canceling Debt Levy Requirements for 2010A General Obligation Improvement/Refunding Bonds (2004 Northdale/James 101 Utility Improvements and 2010 Trailhaven Improvements)
5.09 Setting 2013 Final Budget & Levy Certification (meeting open for public comment)
5.10 Approve Use of Equipment Certificate to Purchase in Car Cameras
5.11 Approval of Law Enforcement Services Agreement with Elk River Area School District #728
5.12 Printer Maintenance Agreement Renewal
6. PUBLIC HEARINGS
7. GENERAL BUSINESS
7.01 Adoption and Certification of 2013 Proposed Preliminary Levy (Resolution No. 2012-51)
8. OTHER BUSINESS
10. ADJOURN TO CLOSED SESSION TO RECEIVE INVESTIGATIVE DATA PURSUANT TO MINN. STAT. § 13D.05 SUBD. 2 (2)
11. RECONVENE TO OPEN MEETING
12 ADJOURN TO CLOSED SESSION TO CONSIDER PRELIMINARY ALLEGATIONS AGAINST EMPLOYEE
13. RECONVENE TO OPEN MEETING