ROGERS CITY COUNCIL
August 24, 2010 7:00 p.m.
1. CALL TO ORDER AND PLEDGE OF ALLEGIANCE
2. OPEN FORUM – Individuals may address the Council about any item not contained on the regular agenda. A maximum of 10 minutes is allocated for the Forum. If the full 10 minutes are not needed for the Forum, the Mayor will continue with the agenda. If additional time is needed for the Forum, the Council will continue the Forum following Other Business on the agenda. The Council will take no official action on items discussed at the Forum, with the exception of referral to staff of Commission for future report.
3. PRESENTATIONS 3.01 Dean Capps – Community Law Enforcement Foundation – Donation of Radio 3.02 Swearing in Daniel Ryan – new Rogers Police Officer 3.03 Rogers Local Foods Initiatives Report
4. APPROVE AGENDA – Council members may add items to the agenda for discussion purposes or staff direction only. The Council will not normally take official action on items added to the agenda. 5. CONSENT AGENDA – These items are considered to be routine and will be enacted by one motion. There will be no separate discussion of these items unless a Councilmember so requests, in which event the item will be removed from the Consent Agenda and placed elsewhere on the agenda. 5.01 Approval of Minutes from July 27, 2010 City Council Meeting and Minutes from July 27, 2010 Budget Meeting 5.02 Approval of Bills and Claims 5.03 Reappointment of Joint Planning Board Representatives 5.04 Request for Temporary Street Closure by Sunnyside Estates Neighborhood on Sat., Sept. 18, 2010 Scheduling budget workshop for Tuesday, August 31st at Rogers Community Room at 5:00 p.m. and Sept. 7th at 5:00 p.m. 5.06 Resolution No. 2010-29, A Resolution Granting an Interim Use Permit for Three Years to Tom Spanier to Allow a Church to Lease Space in the Industrial Property Located at 12510 Fletcher Lane North, Rogers, Minnesota 5.07 Resolution No. 2010-30, A Resolution Granting Site Plan Approval to Northmarq Real Estate Services and Goodwill Industries for the Property Located at 20870 Rogers Drive, Rogers, Minnesota 5.08 Resolution No. 2010-31, A Resolution Hiring Daniel Ryan as a Full TimePolice Officer 5.09 Resolution No. 2010-32, A Resolution Certifying Public Employee Retirement Association Police Officer Declaration – Daniel Ryan 5.10 Authorization to Purchase a Smart Board System for Rogers Fire Dept. 5.11 Proposal for Updating and Utilizing the Water System Model for the North Water Treatment Plant Site Evaluation & Storage Needs Assessment 5.12 Authorization for Mayor to Execute Hennepin County Youth Sports Grant for North Community Park Improvements 5.13 J. V. Fields Bleachers and Players Benches 5.14 Adopt Resolution No. 2010-33 Continuing Participation in Livable Communities Program 5.15 2011 Audit Confirmation Engagement Letter with Abdo, Eick & Meyers
6. PUBLIC HEARINGS 6.01 Public Hearing on Improvements for the John Deere Lane Extension (West of Main Street to CSAH 81) and Ordering of Project – Resolution No. 2010-34
7. GENERAL BUSINESS 7.01 Sergeant Promotion Recommendation 7.02 John’s Auto Electric Sewer Line 7.03 Sidewalk and Curb Replacement Bids 7.04 CSAH 13 (Brockton Lane) and South Diamond Lake Road update on intersection and consider the authorization to pursue Right of Way needs for anticipated improvements 7.05 Consider Criteria for Evaluating the Transportation Concepts for the Downtown Transportation Study 7.06 Permission for Sale of Unused / Outdated Equipment 7.07 Replacement of Police Unit 6860 7.08 Award Bid and Execute Contract for Fiber Optic Installation 7.09 CBS Outdoor - Conditional Use Permit Review
8. OTHER BUSINESS
9. CORRESPONDENCE AND REPORTS 9.01 July Police Report 9.02 Update on Transportation Task Force 9.03 Approval of Park Board Minutes 9.04 July, 2010 Financial Reports